Thursday, July 26, 2007

What the?

So I have on a Baby Story, this woman is delivering around 37 weeks, and nearly her ENTIRE family is in the room while she is pushing. Am I the only one that finds this a little strange? Lady is spread eagle, her knees back behind her head somewhere. Meanwhile her sister is down there with the zoom lens, her brother is cheering and clapping, her mom and dad are helping the husband hold her legs, and there are kids chasing each other around the room. And out comes the baby. Happy Birthday. Say hello to your crazy family.

Funny thing is, I see episodes like this all the time. I think my favorite was one where this poor girl was going all-natural, med-free, sitting naked from the waist down in a birthing tub. Well low and behold her husband was in there, and her mom and dad were at the edge of the tub, and a few others sitting around the room with cameras. I think somebody was eating McDonalds. It was a free for all. And the poor girl was in so much pain.

Pete is the only one, other than the medical professionals, that will be in the room with me. I love you all, but nobody needs to see that.

0 comments: