Friday, July 27, 2007

False Alarm

Went in for another routine appt this morning and ended up over at the triage center of Women's Hospital again! My blood pressure was up a little and I have some nasty edema (swelling) in my feet and hands. So they wanted to run more tests to rule out preeclampsia and make sure Mia didn't have to come out today. Poor Pete was so excited, he looked a little disappointed when Doctor Jaeger told us all of my lab work came back fine and we'd have to wait another week to induce. So after nearly 4 hours there, I am home again, rockin and rollin. On the plus side, I have progressed to 2cm dilated, 80% effaced on my own in a week, so there's still a chance I could go into labor naturally before Friday. If I could pick, I'd rather do it that way, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

0 comments: