Thursday, July 26, 2007

VENT

Of all things I'll miss the most about being pregnant, it will be the heartBURN. Yeah right.

Never in my life have I had such bad indigestion. Some days I wake up and wonder if I have an esophagus left. Clearly my stomach acid has eaten it all away. There might be a thin layer left, like wet tissue paper, fighting for it's life. Makes me think of that scene in Indiana Jones (is it the Temple of Doom?) where they are lowering Screaming Man into the pit of lava and fire. I seriously may need an esophagus transplant. I am past the point of Zantac and TUMS. Useless, I tell you.

So the old wive's tale says lots of heartburn = hairy baby. And apparently new studies out of Johns Hopkins prove that the same hormone that produces hair also causes terrible heartburn. So if all of the above holds any weight, Mia is going to look like Chewbacca. My sonogram last week showed hair. The tech zoomed in on her head and said see that funny-looking stuff floating around like sea weed? That's hair! Guess we'll know in a week.

0 comments: