Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Buggy Love

We go every morning to Rivercrest Park. These 2 love it. Me too.

Chili wishes she didn't need a leash. But so far her track record and new hip warrant one.

Different day, same buggy. Funny how she was afraid of this little car at first, but can't get enough of it now.

Chili provides good comedic entertainment.

A) How did my child get so big and -
B) Why doesn't she like the swings?

Hmmm... well I think it's the same as the beginning buggy phobia. Already since this picture was taken, she stays in the swing a lot longer and giggles the whole time. She's just unsure of things the first few times - it's gotta be on her own terms.


More Mia updates - she's starting to walk. She can stand up without holding onto anything and take 5 - 8 steps unassisted. Cutest little Frankenstein walk you've ever seen, just in time for Halloween. You can see the wheels turning in her head - she's definitely thinking each and every step through carefully. I bet in another week or two she really takes off. I'm scared though, because when she does hold onto my finger she prefers to run. So I think this little one is going to go from kinda walking to running all in the same breath.

Her favorite things right now (besides Chili and Buggy):
  • Backyardigans (she dances her little butt of to their theme song)
  • Guess How Much I Love You book (she shrieks at both Little and Big Nutbrown Hare)
  • Raspberries (she puts too many in her mouth at once and her cheeks puff out)
  • Mommy & Me Yoga Class @ Yogani (she loves to climb all over and study the other kids)
  • Baby Einstein Duck toy (she bounces up and down on her butt and throws it around)
  • Fisher Price vintage phone (she pushes it around the living room, runs over the cat, etc)
  • Pulling all the books off her shelf (and at Barnes-n-Noble)
  • Momadillas (my quick and easy version of baby-friendly quesadillas)
  • Daddy/Kenya rodeo rides (she just giggles like crazy)
  • Milk (no more formula - finally! we were having to mix the two for a while)
  • Splashing in the dog water and throwing the dog food everywhere
  • Bacon-flavored dog treats (to my horror I found her on the floor munching on one I had just put in Chili's kong a minute before)

1 comments:

David Nuffer said...

Walking? She is getting way too big! But she is so cute in her little car, she won't need to walk much.