Friday, June 6, 2008

Look What I Made!!!

I bought a sewing machine a few weeks ago and have been spending every free minute on it trying to learn. So far I've made a couple baby blankets, coasters and handmade funky fabric buttons. Anyway last night I took a shot at making a pillowcase dress for Miss Mia Moo.

Made with Amy Butler fabric, I had to start by A) creating the pillowcase (most of these dresses are made directly from pillowcase sheets but none of our bedding is that cool) and then B) cutting up said pillowcase to form and sew the dress. Took approx. 2 hours because I had no clue what I was doing. I'm considering accenting the neckline in the center with a large pink or lime fabric button to match. I'm also thinking of removing the ribbon and sewing ties out of coordinating fabric (probably from the button) instead. What do you think?

Update - I posted the dress on a popular mommy message board and it's getting rave reviews! Move over Gymboree and Baby Gap! I think I'll call this one "Lotus Blossom."

2 comments:

Swampatico said...

AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

WOW Mamacita, I'm impressed :) Love, love, love stuff like this & it's exactly why I won't buy a sewing machine...I'll NEVER stop if I start!!!

I think you're ideas are great & the fabric is just the best. I bet you could start a lil tyke Ebay store if you wanted!

Originals are the way to go MaMa...