Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Growing Like a Weed

Mia and I went to visit a specialist today about her reflux issues. We started her on Prevacid, which is a challenge to get down and stay down. With the pets you can usually disguise the meds in a piece of turkey or simply just gag them with it until they swallow, but I think Mia sees medication time as a funny game. She thinks it's cute to let it dribble down her chin, every time. And I can't help but laugh at her. After all, anything this child does is cute and funny. For now.

So she is 12lbs, 13oz (75th percentile) and 25"L (97th percentile). Holy moly! Our little girl is getting so big. She is working through her 3-6 month clothing and fitting into some 6 month stuff. She is pretty long, so some tops are barely covering her belly. It's time to go shopping for some warmer clothes now that we've finally reached the 50s in the mornings and evenings. I can't wait to see her in a little jacket!

Her new most favorite thing in the world is our Gymboree class on Fridays at 12:30. She smiles for most of the 45 minutes, staring wide-eyed at all the other babies and moms. The singalongs make her all giddy. Last week she threw up all over the tummy time mirror and blew out her diaper at the end of class. With all that excitement I guess she just couldn't contain herself. But she kept a smile on her face the whole time. It's fun for me too - I get to see other mommies in their puke-stained sweatpants who also haven't showered yet and realize that's just the way it goes somedays. I feel like I fit in there.

Miss Mia is giggling and laughing now. She does it briefly every day and it is the COOLEST thing ever. But it usually takes Mommy and Daddy doing something ridiculously silly to get her to crack up. It's like seeing a shooting star. It happens very quickly but it is AWESOME. I can not wait for everyone to start seeing her do this regularly. And she is also beginning to bat at her toys. She's realizing that when she hits them they move. This gets her flailing her limbs around like crazy and sometimes results to a big bonk on the head, which she does not like. She lets you know it too.

We've added long walks on Bayshore to our weekly routine. She loves the breeze and sound of the passing cars, but it usually knocks her out, which is nice quiet time for me. She's been talking/cooing quite a bit too. She loves to tell you just what she thinks about everything, whether it's in the car or during bath time. Anyway, I could go on and on, but the little monkey is asleep and I should be too. Tomorrow is another day filled with many adventures and milestones.

0 comments: