Andrew has been terrified of holding Miss Mia (he is a little accident prone), but finally today he faced his fears! And he was so good at it, I let him hold her while I ate lunch - it was nice to be able to use 2 hands! It takes forever to update the blog with only my right arm, that's why there's not a lot of type, mostly just photos. Pete and I have perfected what we call the right-handed monkey clutch, though I feel some carpel tunnel setting in...
How pretty is she? Anyway, to any moms out there - here is Mia sporting one of my favorite purchases, baby legs. They slip on separately like leggings so you can easily get those diapers off and on. Case in point - today I took the little booger up to HSN to show her off and say goodbye, and of course the first thing she does is take a terrible, horrible dump. People were coming up saying HOW CUTE!!! and make that STINKY TOO!!! So in this situation it was convenient to changer her so quickly. They come in fun colors and patterns and make for really cute photo ops.Oh and P.S. - thank you Mia for being so good for everyone today! She was even handing out smiles like it was Christmas morning.
Here she is again, a few seconds short of pitching a major fit. I believe Monkey is going through a growth spurt, I dunno. I placed her down here to take some pics, but most of the time she'd rather just be held. I find this incredibly sweet and incredibly frustrating. I'm extremely limited to what I can do in a day, especially with a baby that only likes to nap in my lap. But I hate to hear her cry. Since she is so little still, it's important to not let her cry or feel scared and alone, so I'm always there picking her up. In a few months I'd like to help her learn how to self-soothe and be more independent. I am VERY MUCH looking forward to this time!
0 comments:
Post a Comment